Monday, July 22, 2013

A few YouTube tutorials...

Last week, my husband and I went out on a much needed date.  Oh how I look forward to date nights!  Getting glammed up (for me anything other than T-shirts and yoga pants is glam) and having one on one time with my guy is the best way to spend the night!
 
Isn't he the cutest?  Love this stud!

I wanted to share with you some of my favorite YouTube videos and the people behind them that have really helped me with my hair and makeup and inspired what I did for our hot date on the town. 
 
 
 
Hair
I love when I find good hair tutorials that actually work for my hair!  I've been on a quest to find the right technique to get loose, wavy curls that will actually STAY in my thick hair and I've finally found it! This tutorial is awesome!  It is the only way I curl my hair right now.
Also, if you've never heard of Cara's blog, MaskCara, crawl out from the rock you've been living under and go visit!  Warning, you will probably want to spend hours devouring all her posts and tutorials so wait til the kids have gone to bed!
 
 
Makeup
Although you can't really see my actual eyeshadow in the above picture, I was inspired by Jaclyn Hill.  Um, you guys, she is AH-MAZING.  I'd venture to say that she does the best makeup tutorials on YouTube!  Her eyeshadow is perfection all the time.  Check out ALL of her tutorials!  But here is one of my favorites and basically what I did for our date night. 
 
 
Tips and Tricks
Also, if you are looking for a great in-depth explanation and demo of how to apply eyeliner and eyeshadow check out this:
 
 
Hope you enjoy!  Do you have any favorite YouTubers?
 
PS: Sigma Beauty is have 20% off now thru July 29th with code SBAP20.   I really love Sigma for their makeup brushes.  If you're wanting to get some good quality brushes, that are VERY comparable to MAC, now is the time!  Check back on Wednesday and I'll tell you about my 8 must have makeup brushes.
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. OMG. I am OBSESSED with YouTube beauty gurus! Where do I begin? I follow EssieButton, MakeupbyTiffanyD, FleurDeForce, Tanya Burr, GlamLifeGuru, Michele1218, and I could go on and on and on!

    The Grass Skirt

    ReplyDelete