Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Natural Matte Eyes with Drugstore Quad

I've said before, I love matte eyeshadows.  I think it can give such a clean and polished look.  I've been using my Physician's Formula Matte Collection Quad Eyeshadow in Canyon Classics a lot lately to get a really natural and fresh everyday look.
 
 
 
Side note: I'm still playing around with lighting to get my makeup to show true to color in pictures.  I've been getting frustrated because everything seems to photograph so washed out.  Even in the picture below I don't feel like the color is showing up as much as it does in person but you'll get the idea!
 

 
 
 
 
Shade 1:  Take a flat shader brush and pack this color all over the inner corner of the eyelid and work whatever is left on the brush all over the lid, stopping just under the crease.  Pick up a little more color and blend underneath the eyebrow for a little extra light and lift!  I also blend this shade around the inner corner (tear duct region) of my eye.
 
Shade 2:  With a fluffy crease brush, use windshield wiper motions to blend this medium tone color into the crease and fade out slightly above. 
 
Shade 3:  Using a pencil brush, smudge this color along the upper lash line, this will create the illusion of fuller lashes.  Once you get to the outer edge of your eye, start to push the remaining color up into the crease.  Keep blending until color is faded out.  You can also take the brush that you used for shade 2 and blend out this darker color.  The more you blend the more natural of a look you'll get.  I also used the same pencil brush and smudged this color on my lower lash line. 
 
Add a few coats of mascara and you're done!
 
 
This is super easy and quick!  You can also get a really simple smokey eye with this palette using the same three colors.  Maybe I'll post a "night" look as soon as I can figure out my lighting situation!  There are two other PF matte eyeshadow quads at Ulta and I'm itching to get my hands on them since I love this one so much.
 
What are your favorite matte eye shadows?
 
...
 
Randomness
The past year I've been on a hunt for good quality, drugstore priced skin products.  I am pretty happy with my cleanser and moisturizer but have been searching for a good serum containing retinol that will help fade my sun spots, discoloration and some of the fine lines popping up on my face.  I recently bought RoC's Deep Wrinkle Serum after I read all the reviews on Makeup Alley.  People seem to love this stuff.  (Get a coupon HERE)
Company claims:
This light-weight RoC®RETINOL formula helps to improve the appearance of fine lines and deep wrinkles. After four weeks, skin appears more radiant, fine lines are smoothed and skin firmness is improved. After eight weeks, crow’s feet are visibly reduced and discoloration is diminished. After 12 weeks, deep wrinkles are visibly reduced.
 
I've decided to take pictures and document any changes at four, eight and twelve weeks to see if this product is worth the hype.  So stay tuned for a full review of this serum!

No comments:

Post a Comment