Monday, June 17, 2013

Quick, Everyday Mommy Makeup

My sweet friend asked me to do a blog post on quick, everyday Mommy makeup!  I went ahead and timed myself before writing this to see exactly how long it takes me to do my everyday makeup.  This is pretty much what I do everyday give or take contouring.  Today I did not contour since it would have added about 30 seconds to this time. 
 
Here is my final stopwatch time:
 
 
These are the face products I used:
(Clockwise) Covergirl Outlast foundation, Physician's Formula bronzer, Milani Luminoso blush, Revlon Nearly Naked powder, Maybelline DreamLumi Highlighting concealer, Covergirl & Olay corrector
 
1. I blend out the Covergirl Outlast foundation with my Sigma angled kabuki brush.  This is the quickest way I've found to apply foundation.  One pump is the perfect amount to even out my skin tone but to avoid looking cakey. 
2.  I use the Covergirl & Olay corrector (You can find this clearanced out at CVS for 50% off!) to help cover up those annoying dark circles under my eyes.  I also blend it out around the bottom and corners of my nose where I tend to get a little red.
3.  I highlight under my eyes, middle of my forehead and down my nose using the Maybelline DreamLumi Touch concealer in the color radiant.  You can see how I do that in my highlighting and contouring post HERE.
4.  I use bronzer to warm up my face.  I apply this making an E or 3 shape. I start at the top of my forehead, sweep down my temples, under my cheekbones then back down along my jaw bone. 
Don't you just love my fantastic paint skills?
5.  I place blush on my cheeks, just above the bronzer.  One of my favorite blushes EVER is Milani's Luminoso.  It is a peachy pink blush with a gorgeous sheen.  The sheen makes your skin look fresh and glowy!  (This week CVS is having BOGO 1/2 off Milani products.  This blush with the eyeliner I'm about to show you would be the perfect two picks for this deal!)
6.  I lightly dust my Nearly Naked powder on my T-zone to help eliminate any oil.
 
Eye Products: I'm not trying to create a beautiful eyeshadow/eyeliner masterpiece, I'm just trying to define my crease and make my eyes look bright and alert.
(Clockwise: NYX Caviar and Bubbles palette, eyelash curler, Physician's Formula Organic Wear mascara, Milani Liquif'eye liner in brown, Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink)
Close up of the NYX palette.  This is a great affordable neutral palette with even a few matte shades!
1.  I prime my eyelids to prevent creasing.  To make it quick, I like to use the Maybelline Color Tattoo cream eyeshadows.  They are long wearing and effortlessly add a pretty wash of color.  My favorite are Inked in Pink and Bad to the Bronze.  I apply this cream shadow with my finger all over my lid stopping just before the crease and whatever is left on my finger I run along the lower lash line. 
2. I take a matte soft brownish-peach shade (top row, third shadow over) and blend that out in my crease using windshield wiper motions.  I also run this same color with the same brush along my lower lash line to add a little bit of depth.  When I'm not using this palette, I use MAC's Soft Brown eyeshadow.  Soft Brown is one of my favorite MAC colors.  
3.  I mix the top right shade and the bottom pink shade (4th over) and very lightly sweep that underneath my brows and place it on the inner corner of my eyes.  Putting a lighter color on the inner corner really helps to make them pop and look more awake.  I also use that same color combo to lightly dust over the cream shadow to set it in place and help it last longer.
4.  I take the matte dark brown color on the bottom row (3rd over) and I press that into my upper lash line with an angled liner brush.  I focus mostly on the outer half of my lash line.  This will help the lash line look thick but still natural. 
5. I use Milani's liquif'eye liner and place a very small, short line on the outer corner of my lower lash line.  This liner is very pigmented and smudges out beautifully.  I use that same angled eyeliner brush to smudge it out along the outer half of my lower lash line.
 6.  If your lashes stick straight out like mine, curl them lashes!
7.  Add a quick coat of mascara.
 
Last step:
Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle
Top the look off with a simple lip!  Love, LOVE Revlon Lip Butters and this color, Pink Truffle is my favorite!  Although it is coming across darker in this picture, it's a beautiful pinky nude!  I think anyone would look great wearing it!  It's one of those lipsticks that I can apply without a mirror because it goes on so effortlessly and look so natural.   
 

End Result + awkward selfies... :)

 

 

 

 
There you go, my everyday 6-ish minute Mommy makeup!
 
 
I love getting request and ideas for new posts so keep them coming!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment