Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Beginning of it all...

Anyone who knows me, knows that I clearly have a passion for make up, errr... slight obsession.  Especially drugstore! I love stalking the aisles of Target and CVS to find products that are just as good as high end.  The beginning of it all started when I was watching the girls at The Beauty Mark do a tutorial for winged eyeliner on YouTube.  I then stumbled onto other YouTube tutorials and discovered the huge YouTube beauty community, which I didn't even know existed.  I had no idea that people could actually have channels devoted completely to beauty! Here are my top 5 YouTube Beauty Gurus, in no particular order:
 
1. MakeupByTiffanyD : Tiffany was the first guru I ever watched.  She is amazing with make up.  Everything she does is so flawless but she makes it look surprisingly simple.  And her natural lashes are to die for!  Tiffany is more fair and blond so not all her product recommendations work for me but two of her drugstore recommendations that have become holy grail for me are the Cover Girl Lash Blast and Loreal Carbon Black Liner Intense.
 
2.  emilynoel8: Emily is awesome.  She used to be a news anchor and she's got that cool voice that makes you think you are listening to something very official. :) Emily is super down-to-earth and just seems like she could be your best friend.  Plus, she uses lots of drugstore products which I love!
 
3.  LollyDolly128: Dana is beautiful!  She does great make up and hair tutorials!  She also has my Asian coloring so I always feel like her recommendations are dead on for my skin and hair color.  She's a mommy, which I can appreciate and every once in a while you can catch a glimpse of her cute lil boy. 
 
4.  Melmphs: Melissa is not only great with make up but she is HILARIOUS!  I love her strong southern accent and she is always having fun on camera.  She uses lots of drugstore products and is strong believer and mommy. All of which I can relate to!
 
5.  itsjudytime: I love Judy!  She has been a guru that I've been watching since the beginning as well.  I think it's safe to say that she was the originator, or at least one of the first, to do the "First Impression" videos that have become so popular.  I love her first impression videos because she tries a product for the first time on camera and checks back throughout the day to say how it wears. I've found some great products from these videos!  Her and her husband also have a vlog channel that I love to watch called itsjudyslife. And oh my, their baby is a doll!

No comments:

Post a Comment